New Update

Hey everyone... all two of you by now, I'm sure. It's been awhile, hasn't it?  Sorry for taking over a year to do anything with the page, I just haven't had the time or motivation. And frankly, for a few months in there I'd almost completely forgotten I had this. Anyway, on with the actual update. If you don't care about details, skip to the end. 


Let's start with the not-so-good news. 

- I've lost most of my previous work and material. Unreleased captions, drafts, images, notes, character bios, unused story ideas, all of it. As such, I'll need some time to essentially restart from scratch before I can do any bigger projects I had in mind, like continuing Ryan's New Trick.  

- Due to the long hiatus, I barely remember how to use my caption-making software. Plus, it's been updated...a lot. I remember it having a steep learning curve before, so I can't imagine this'll be a quick (nor painless) process. You'll have to bear with me.

- I remember someone asking me to write a story just before I went radio silent. All I remember is we communicated via email and it involved police and the mob. I don't have any of the emails we exchanged or notes I might've written. If the person who requested that sees this, please reach out again. I can't promise I'll do anything special, but I'd still like to give you something.


Now, good news!

- Without getting into the nitty-gritty, I've had another job change and that means I have more time on my hands. Been reading other caps again, checking out a couple subreddits about body-swap and possession, and now I'm coming back. 

- In my first series, Look Before You Hop, I used someone else's face pasted on people for Lindsey so I wouldn't be limited by whatever photos I could find for one model. This way, I only needed to find someone with a similar body type and hair, slap that face on, and I'm good. Problem is, they were pretty sloppy truth be told. The good news here is I've gotten quite a few editing apps since writing LBYH, so the shoddy photos from those days are a thing of the past. If I use Lindsey again, I'll keep a sense of continuity with LBYH so she'll still be that face on other people, but hopefully she'll look much better. This should also apply to any other characters I make with editing.

- I didn't have the model limits issue with Brie in LBYH or Natya in Ryan's New Trick, so their models will remain the same. Maintaining continuity is important to me, so pre-established, recurring characters won't ever change models.

- Despite what the first piece of bad news says, I of course still have all the content I've uploaded here previously. I can use that to relearn and hopefully improve my writing style while also gleaning some character details I've forgotten.


In short, I might be back soon, but I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on before that happens. Today is Thursday 1/4/24. If all goes well, I'll have something to share by this upcoming Monday. Can't speak for a posting schedule, but don't expect anything like daily posts or three times weekly. A big part of my problem the first time was burning myself out on writing by doing it a bunch all at once. This is a hobby, not a side hustle (yet). So, I'll be taking it slow for now. Thanks for reading.

Comments

This Month's Popular Posts

Look Before You Hop Part 8 (Finale)

Ryan's New Trick Pt. 3